Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Jen- My No#2

This is my second daughter, Jennifer Marie, she is 26 years old and the married mother of my beautiful grandbabies. Jen has been married to her hubby, Justin for 5 years. They have a nice house, not too far from us. We see them all the time. i feel very lucky to have them so close.
Jen was my preemie baby she was born 6 weeks early, but she has been my healthiest child. She spent 16 days in the NICU and then one night they called me at 11:00 pm and begged me to take her home, she wasn't up to weight yet, but they had 9 babies born that night and really needed the space, lol. It was really quite comical.
Jen was not my most studious child, but she did alright in school. She lived for her sports, especially softball. She played varsity all four years and was quite good. She was a utility player, she could play every position and play them well. Her main position was catcher. She earned a full ride scholarship to Hope College, here in Michigan and was very excited. She worked very hard to impress the coach and when it came time for the season to start the coach pulled her into the office and said, "You know I have recruited some girls for the season that are a lot better then you so I don't need you anymore."
She was devastated, she called home in tears. She came home after her freshmen year and attended our community college here and played ball for them. Then she got married and didn't go back until recently, now she takes a class every now and then. hoping someday to become a radiologist. She also still plays softball. She plays twice a week. On a coed team and on an all girls team. She works at a sporting goods store as an assistant manager, she has been there since 1999. She knows her stuff when it comes to sporting goods. She is a wonderful mother, a great daughter and a loving wife and I am very proud of who she has become. I know one day she will finish her schooling and do what she has always wanted to do, but for now that is on hold while she molds and shapes the future of her two adorable children.

No comments: