Saturday, February 09, 2008

I'm updating, happy :)

Ok I am updating now, LOL!! I am really terrible about this blogging thing so please don't give me a tongue lashing.
Ok, so I went to the doc on Thursday and guess what? WOOHOOOOOO, I got a clean bill of health, no infections, no cancer, nothing but a noncooperative uterus, LOL! Doc said from all the tests and stuff they did that the only thing he can figure out is that I wasn't really completely done with this process in my life. Evidently there was a partial build up of endometrium and because of the meds I take for my high blood pressure, one of which contains a blood thinner, all hell broke loose and as a result I thought I was going to die. He said that everything looks postmenopausal, YEAH and that it may or may not happen again. But if it does I will truly know what is going on and to give him a call and he has meds to speed up the process. Or he can go in and cauterize everything. He said he does not like to do a hysterectomy this late in the game unless it is really, really necessary. So there ya' go I am aokay, well at least that part of me is, LOL!
As far as my children, they are all getting over all their crud. Well, Jamie ended up in ER the other day, but she will survive. I tell ya' the military is not so good at keeping their people healthy. Jamie went to ER with 103 degree temperature, headache so bad that she couldn't keep her head up and a very bad pain in her neck and chest. The doc walked in and said there is nothing wrong with you go back to work. Everyone has this and it will be gone in a day or two. No tests, nothing. Gave her Motrin, the military cure all and started to send her on her way. She was so upset she stood up and demanded that they at least give her something for the cough and asked if they would sign her waiver for that evening for work. She said she told the doc, ok, I work outside and it is cold, and I carry a gun. I am not even comfortable doing that tonight. She said the doc told her she was sick of all you people coming in here looking for an excuse to not go to work. Jamie about lost it. She said, Look I have NEVER in my life called in or not gone in to work and I am really sick and do not think it is in the best interest of my fellow airman to be on duty tonight. The doc finally relented and gave her the night off, ugh! She tried earlier in the day to get into the clinic to see someone and they told her that she wasn't sick enough to be seen in the clinic that if she really thought it was necessary she may have to go to the ER, WHAT!!!!!! I swear with all the things that I have heard and witnessed first hand with this stuff I am fit to be tied. It just makes my blood boil. ok, off the soapbox, now.
On another note, Jamie and Alex will definately be deploying in August, I am so not a happy camper about that, but there is nothing that I can do. At least they know now that they will be deployed to the same place, where they don't know yet, but at least they will be together.
She really wants us to come in June to see her and I already told her we have vacation planned for then and that we will most definately be there. I don't care if they are living on the street, I will be there before they deploy.
Ok, one more military rant and I am done. Jamie went to the dentist for her 6 month check up. She has a small cavity that needs to be filled, no biggie, right, WRONG!! She cannot get it done at her base. She has to go to one of two other bases, nearby to get it done. Now I think that is just ridiculous!! Why can she not get it done on her base, you ask! Cause they only have dental assistants at her base and the "real" dentists are at the other bases, That is our military for ya'.
Enough ranting, time to get back to the studies and keep moving on. I think this is getting harder for me, my transcriptions are getting worse as far as format and stuff, I do not know what I am doing, maybe I am not really cut out to be a medical transcriptionist, I don't know but I really need to get this. I love doing the transcription, too. I don't know, I keep getting stupid things wrong, doing stupid things, too. Well, time to study so that I can do better, well my friends, I will TTYL! :)

1 comment:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Where ARE you?

Hallie