Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Joy

Well, I know I have not been keeping up with this like I probably should, but I have been so very busy with work, getting things together for Christmas and for my son to come home from college and with school work. But no more excuses, I am here now and am updating my blog.
I really don't have alot happening right now,just studying real hard and trying to get through these last few chapters of my coursework. I am getting very excited about entering the MT world. At the same time, I am very apprehensive about it. Will I be good enough to make a living at this. Even before the making a living part, I am gonna pass my final, I am not a good test taker and am really worried about that one. What about the RMT test will I remember everything well enough to take that when I am done? I truly hope so. I want this so very bad and have worked very hard to get this far and will continue to work hard to get to the end of this road, come to think of it, I don't think there is a end of the road. This will be an ongoing process.
Oh I just thought of something that I need to share. I work in a store in our local mall. We are a sporting goods store. I am near the front of the store(cashier) and there are lots of windows that look out into the mall. I am always people watching, when I get the chance anyway. Today these young, very fresh from boot, marines came into the store. They were so cute in their freshly ironed, perfect uniforms. They even still walked with their hands cupped by their sides. They came into the store to buy some toys for the Christmas Angel tree that has been set up outside our store front in the mall. They were all chit chatting and I congratulated them on their graduation and becoming marines. They asked about my Parent pin,which I wear everyday and have for 4 years. They thought it was cool I had a daughter in the AF. Anyway, after all their snappy yes ma'am's and their wonderful, refreshing politeness, they took their bounty out to the Angel tree. Every morning our mall is filled with dozens and dozens of seinor citizens, who come to the mall for their daily walk. This morning was no exception. Except among them were these 3 fresh recruits. I counted at least 40 people who came up to them to shake their hands and thank them for their service. I was so moved, of course being an AF mom and missing my girl, I cried. Tears were just flowing, customers were giving me funny looks. Well, one of the recruits must have seen me crying cause he came back in the store and asked me if he could give me a hug. I cried even harder and thanked him. He said to me, " No ma'am thank you, cause I won't get to see my momma this year for Christmas and you made my day." Oh my goodness, every one thought I was loosing it, I cried so hard and thanked him for making my day. So how cool is that. Oh darn, I am crying again! I invited him to our house for Christmas, but he will not be here in town. So I got his name and made him promise to email me when he gets where he is going and to keep in touch. He promised, so I will keep you updated. Meanwhile, please keep this wonderful young man in your prayers. *I had to come back and add my marine friends name is Shawn.
So 1 more day of work, then I am off for 4 days, YIPPEE!! We are having in-laws Christmas on Saturday, my kids(the ones that will be here), my mom and brother are all going to be here Sunday morning for brunch and present time. I am really excited about that. I am making biscuits and sausage gravy, pancakes, homemade cinnamon rolls, bacon, hashbrowns, some hot cocoa and tea and a fav of mine Mimosas, yum. We will also have some fresh fruit and whatever else I think of between now and then, LOL! Should be fun and who knows this may become a tradition.
Well, time for more studying, so my friends until tomorrow, TTYL :)

1 comment:

Debra A. Estep said...

Awwwwwww Sue

THANKS for this wonderful story and for sharing your link again on the AF site.

XO XO
AF Mom Deb