Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Getting on with it


Today was a very fun day, I didn't have to work today and it seemed a bit weird, but GREAT weird. Is this what it will be like when I am working from home, if so I cannot wait for that day to come.
I woke up around 6am, made coffee, watched the first 30 minutes or so of the news, and headed to my office. I finished my Lymphatic transcription exam last night and wanted to check it over again before submitting it. I am actually waiting until my practice transcriptions are graded before I actually submit the exam for the first submission. I want to make sure I don't have any major mistakes on them before committing this exam. Everyday that I get to spend the majority of it working on my studies makes me extremely happy, but nothin' makes me happier that my grandkids.
Went and picked up my daughter(Jen) and granddaughter(Kimberly) around 11 am, we drove over to pick up my grandson(Ethan) from preschool. He came running out to my van, calling my name. He was happy to see me. We then went to Jens' best friend's(Mindy) house. Today is Mindy's b-day and we were taking her with us to see Santa and then out for lunch. Mindy recently lost her job of 10 years, due to downsizing, so she really needs us now. She is married, no kids, thank goodness. We drove to the mall and went in to see Santa. Kimberly went running to him calling out Santa, love you, Santa love you, it was too cute. Of course Ethan just sort of sauntered up to Santa and proceeded to tell him what he wanted for Christmas. After giving Santa a big hug we left to walk to the other end of the mall for lunch at Applebee's. It is quite a long walk for a 2 and 4 year old but we finally made it. Kimberly had to try and stop everyone we saw and talk to them, she is quite the social butterfly, LOL! Ethan just kept saying, Come on Kimmy, I am hungry! It was so funny. We had a nice lunch and the kids sang Happy BIrthday to Mindy(which she loved). Then they went to the play area and played for a bit. Ethan is just so cute, he had all the little girls following him around in the play area, LOL! Took everyone home and came home to get back to my studies.
I made a wonderful Swedish Meatball Soup for dinner with Alexia Fresh French Rolls, yum! Perfect dinner for a cold night.
Hubby and his brother had rehearsal tonight, so while I was studying I was serenaded, well not exactly serenaded, but I did listen to them while they were rehearsing, "Oh Suzy Q, Oh Suzy Q, baby I love you, my Suzy Q.....love that song and Mustang Sally, they sing and play so well together. They are actually in a "real" band and will be playing together for the very first time(in public) on New Years' Eve at one of the local VFW halls. The name of the band is Split Image and I and my sister-in-law(Theresa) are really looking forward to this. Hubby and I have not done anything on New Years for many years and this should prove to be fun.
Well need to get back to hypernea, eupnea, asphyxia, Kussmaul respirations, etc. yeah I am moving on to the respiratory section of my studies. YEAH!! progressing nicely, but cannot wait to be done!
Well, my friends another day is done, TTYL

No comments: