Thursday, December 27, 2007

Two days after Christmas....

Okay, it is 2 days after Christmas, doesn't anyone have to work anymore. At work, we finally went back to our before the holidays schedule, YEAH!! We had people lining up outside our gate this morning before we opened. Go home, people, we really don't have that good of sales going on. It was chaos all day. I am so happy this is my last Christmas season in retail. I cannot wait to be done with school!
Eldest daughter called her dad today(yeah, he is off work til the new year, the bum)she and Joel are headed home from Florida. They were headed for Nashville, TN to stay the night and possibly check out the sites tomorrow and then were headed home. I know she had a grand time. She has barely ever been out of Battle Creek and she is almost 30 years old, WOW! she is almost 30, how can that be, I am not that old, where has time gone. She will always be my little girl, even thought she is all grown up now, LOL! She still calls me mommy and I love it.
Well, our New Years' Eve plans have fallen through. I guess the VFW doesn't want us there because we are not members, so hubbys' band will not be playing there this year. Although they have played there in past years. They have new blood at this VFW and they are so anti-anybody not in there clique. Oh well, we made plans to go to dinner with my brother- and sisiter-in-law. I guess we are going to go to Red Lobster, have a nice dinner and drinks and head on back home before the crazies come out.
My hours for next week, at work, have been cut drastically. This company thinks you can run a huge store with 3 people. So all of us have our hours cut to the bare bone. Only the managers will get hours and most of the rest of us get about 10 hours next week. Oh well, I guess it will just give me more time to work on school work. I could have used the money to build my savings back up after the holiday, but we will be ok.
Hubby made beef stew tonight, it was yummy. It made the whole house smell good. I am in my office(downstairs) and I can still smell it.
James, our college son, is out with friends, this evening. He has 2 really close female friends that he really enjoys hanging out with and he made them some awesome pictures for Christmas. He actually matted and framed them all by himself. They turned out really well. They are pics of his that he has taken. One is a waterfall and the other is beautiful pink flowers. He has quite the eye for photography. Maybe that could be his hobby after college and after he gets a real job as a full fledged electrical engineer, LOL!!
A bunch of friends have started blogs and it is so much fun reading them. Hallie is a pusher of blog writing and is encouraging more and more people to take it up! You go Hallie!!!
Anyway, I need to go study some more so I will TTYL!!

1 comment:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Why thank you for the great SHOUT OUT!! (Connor hates when I use "young" talk!)

I, too, love that more people are blogging. Who knew I'd be a BLOG PUSHER???? Guess it's better than pushing drugs!!

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/