Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Getting back at it

Ok, Ok, I was reminded today that some people actually read my blog, so I am going to try my best to come here every day and post something, LOL! I do have some good things to post, though.
First, my Airman daughter, Jamie, passed her PT eval, this was so important because it was either pass or be discharged. She has done so well in the Air Force and to just be tossed aside because of a run time or a few pushups or situps was very upsetting. But they have done this to others and will continue to do this(at least at her current base). She also received
another(her 3rd) AF Achievement medal. This is given for outstanding performance in duties and is a very prestigious award. She received this from the command at Aviano AB, Italy, where she was last stationed. I am so very proud of her. They (her present command)nows realizes how valuable she is and they will be looking at moving her from guard duty(which she hates) to that of controller, which she did in Italy, and loves. She takes her ALS(airman leadership training) in January, sews on her newest stripe (Ssgt) in March or early April, then she has to head out to some training she has to take. She will be going back to the place this entire journey started, the home of AF BMT, San Antonio, Texas. She is not looking forward to this but it is a necessity. She has also been informed that her bucket will most likely be deploying in August. She wasn't too upset about this until she found out that her hubby is in a totally different bucket and they will not be deployed together. More than likely, she will deploy(unless he can volunteer to go at the same time as her), then she will return and he will deploy. That will be about 1 year that they will not be together. I am sure all of this will work out and things will be fine. They have a very strong relationship and they will survive.
Anywhoo, my son will be home shortly for his Christmas break from college. I am looking forward to that, love his visits, and also, LOL, love it when he returns to school. Hubby and I are loving being empty-nesters. James is in his fourth year at Michigan Tech and loving every second of it. He is getting his Engineering degree. He informed me a few weeks ago that he most likely will have to go for another entire year to complete his degree. That's ok, though, he is learning and doing so much. His education will be priceless when he graduates, I have faith that(although not in the state of MI) he will be able to get a very good paying job.
My eldest is still seeing the love of her life, they have been dating now for 2 months and they are just so cute together. I am so happy for her. She has dated alot of jerks to get this wonderful man. It is hard to believe she actually found a guy, her age(30), that hasn't been married, has no kids and is so suited for her. They will not be here for Christmas, they are taking off to go to Florida, no plans, just driving to Florida. I am excited for them. Jodi has not been much of a traveller and is looking very forward to this trip with Joel.
My other daughter, Jen, has had another disappointment and I wish there was something I could do to help her. She is a key manager at the same place I work. She has been there since before she graduated from high school(1998). She applied for an asst. manager position and it was given to a outsider. She is so devastated. She really deserved this position and has worked hard to someday do that. Now she just wants to find another job(there aren't any in MI) and move on. Her hubby is doing okay at his job, but wishes he could do better, also. Their babies(my grandkids) are the most precious kids on earth, yea I am prejudice. I cannot wait until Christmas and to have them here to open their presents that Santa forgot to leave at their house, hehe.
Well, school is going great. I got a bit sidetracked whe Jamie and Alex were here, but I am back on track. I just finished the practice transcriptions for the Lymphatic section and will be starting the transcription exam for this section tonight. I cannot wait to be an MT. I ca work from home and never have to set foot in the "ugly" place again.
Well, that is about all for now. I promise to try and write everyday, even if I have nothing to say, hehe! For now my friends take care and TTYL

1 comment:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Your back!! YIPPEEE!!

Hallie