Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Here I am!!

Hey all, I have been neglecting my blog, again. I am so very sorry. I have been so busy with work and the holidays and all.
Today was the day from H... at work. So many people with so may returns and complaints, I just wanted to crawl under the counter and hide. I hope that everyone got all that out of their systems today and tomorrow will return to some semblace of normalcy. I could oly hope.
We had a very nice Christmas. Went to the in-laws on Saturday. It was a bit weird, cause alot of the grandkids were not there, so it was real quiet. Except whe my grandkids(the only great-grandkids) showed up, LOL! We sat around and chatted and drank white russians, yum and chatted and drank white russians.......you get the drift.
Sunday I had my daughter, son-i-law, Justin and the 2 grandkids, my mom, my brother and my son, here for brunch. It was so yummy and everyone ate, alot! The little ones opened their gifts and had a real good time playing and being goofy all afteroon. Hubby had to leave around 3 and go to bad rehearsal. So everyone decided it was time to go too. I sat around the rest of the day doing homework and some transcriptions. Then headed off to slumberland.
Monday, my daughter came over to wrap presents for her kids. We hide the gifts here, cause even thought hers are only 2 ad 4, there is no safe spot in their house to hide them. We got everythig all wrapped up and made a plan for me to bring them to their house after the kids went off to sleep.
My eldest is having a great time on her trip to Florida. She called us several times and let us know where they were. They have visited the Tampa Aquarium and the made their way to the Florida Keys and have gone snorkeling and just had a general great time.
Jamie and Alex had to work Christmas day so they opened their gifts on the 23rd and they called to say thanks. Jamie is starting her ALS right after the new year and the is headed to Lackland in June for her level 7 training. Hopefully she will sew on her new stripe in February. She only has 20 months left to serve and she is going to get out. Her hubby is staying in and making the AF a career, so she will transition from being a soldier to being a soldiers' wife.
I forgot to tell you that my eldest just got a big promotion at her job. She was so excited, it is another 600.00 per month and it comes with some supervisory perks. I am so happy for her. She has been at this job for 7 years, now.
Hubby surprised me with some perfume for CHristmas. It is not just your ordinary kind. It is something I use to wear when we were dating(over 30 years ago) and no one sells it anymore. He found it online and bought me 2 bottles of it. I was so surprised, that was so sweet of him.
Well, time to get back to my studies. I need to take a test and get on with the rest of the respiratory transcriptions. Oh by the way, I received my HOI exam back and I got a 99.3 percent I am so excited. That is my best transcription score yet and the end is now in sight, I am getting more and more excited.
So until I write again, TTYL

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

The perfume gift is so sweet - he obviously loves you very much! :-)

Hallie

Susie said...

I cannot believe he actually remembered the name of it and did research to find it, wow, it just blows me away!