Saturday, December 15, 2007

Productive day

Today was fairly productive. Hubby and I headed out early to get groceries and go to our fav breakfast spot. It has become a ritual of sorts for us on Saturday mornings. It gives us time to talk about things, like the state of the world and our kids and work and whatever comes to mind. I really enjoy our Saturday mornings together.

Well, went and picked up all our groceries and then headed home. It started snowing and hasn't stopped yet. They are predicting 6-15 inches tonight and into tomorrow. WOW! May be another good day to do nothing again.

I wrapped up all of the presents I have and stuck them under the tree. Dusty, our cat, thinks they are hers and has laid claim to one package by laying on it and taking a nap.

I read all the required reading for the respiratory chapter and am now taking notes on the power point presentation, then on to the exercises, tomorrow. I haven't gotten my transcription exam back yet, but I really didn't expect too until maybe Monday or so. Until then I will continue to work on the respiratory section.

I also made hubby and I a pretty good dinner. I tried a new recipe. I made a mexican lasagne, it was really quite good. Hubby said he thinks this is a keeper recipe. It had burger, salsa, sourcream, black beans, onions, tortillas, lots of sharp cheddar cheese and it was really simple to make.

We are suppose to go to dinner tomorrow night with our eldest and her boyfriend, but with the weather the way it is we may just have to stay home and make pizza or something, it is getting pretty deep out there right now and it is not suppose to stop until late tomorrow, so instead of taking the chance and driving to Kalamazoo(a 20 minute ride) I may try and convince them to stay here and I will find something to make.

My other daughter has tomorrow off, so just maybe she will bring the kids over to see us. I am not holding my breath on that one, but maybe we will get to see them. :)

Well, I am really not thinking straight right now, must be all the studying I did today, so I am cutting this one short. So my friends, TTYL! I <3>

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Can I get that recipe, minus the beans? (I don't like them!)

It sounds yummy!

Hallie

Susie said...

You certainly can, I will send it to your email. I guess it will work without the beans, you may eed to put more ground beef in it, maybe. Sending it to you soon.

Sue

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You stopped blogginh again!!! I thought we talked about that!1

Hallie

Susie said...

Sorry, Hallie, will try to update tonight. Been really really busy with work, Ugh!)
Just getting ready to head over to your blog to take a peak at that airman of yours, ;)