Thursday, December 13, 2007

Warning bad rant!

I have been home from work for 7 1/2 hours, wow! I made hubby a nice quick dinner, we had homemade coleslaw, yummy salmon burgers on english muffins with a nice fresh cucumber sauce and some garlic and parmesan fries. It was very nice, quick and so summer like. I needed to put a bit more warmth in this house. Baby its cold outside, brrrrrr! WInd chill is a numbing 19 degrees. The wind is howling tonight and all I wanna do is curl up with a blanket and watch a bit of TV. But instead I did about 3 hours worth of studying. I am waiting for my practice transcription to be checked before submitting the 1st draft of my exam. In the meantime I have started reading the section on Respiratory. I am almost done with the reading and will continue on with the exercises and transcriptions for this section while waiting for the others to be graded.
I have to go to the ugly place again tomorrow, ugh! I really envy those of you who can work retail and enjoy it, cause I really truly DO NOT!! Had a older lady in today that just about caused me to commit a crime. Oh she was rotten and mean and she just made me so mad(she also made my boss mad and he asked her to leave the store). I also had a real weirdo in the store today who thought he was pretty cool. He wouldn't stop talking and my line kept getting longer and longer. I finally asked him to step aside. I didn't need to listen to him talk about himself anymore. My boss got a chuckle out of that. He said he couldn't believe I asked him to get out of the way. I said I didn't say it like that, he said yeah I know but it was funny, when he realized that you really weren't interested in listening to him talk about himself.
What is up with people thinking because I happen to be the one that answers the phone at work that I know everything. A lady called today to ask me to look in the phone book for the phone number to our competitor. I hung up. Sheeesh! A few days ago a lady called and wanted to know what the phone number to the store across from us in the mall was. Hell, I don't know, do I look like the yellow pages, Look it up!! I work at a sporting goods store, ok! I get paid minimum wage to take abuse from some pretty awful people. But I have to smile the entire time. Ok not everyone is a moron that comes in the store, but quite a few are and I try very, very hard to be nice to almost all of them, hehe! Some of them I just can't be nice to, cause they just tick me off. Okay that is my rant for the day, I am done. But now you can see how much I donot like my job and how much I cannot wait to be done with my studies and working in a totally different environment(home, yeah). I cannot wait for the holiday season to be over, then we have about a week of solid rotten return people who argue about everything and won't take no for an answer or no matter how many times you tell them that they have to have a receipt to return an item and bathing suits and jock straps are NOT returnable, that one always amazes me.
Ok I need to calm down, I am going to go drink me some green tea and possibly have a 1/2 an english muffin, curl up in my fleece blanket and maybe watch some tv(maybe with my eyes closed, hehe) So my friends I will TTYL!!

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I suggest you eat chocolate, not an english muffin, to make your retail woes go away. Not sure english muffins have been scientifically proven to lift your spirits like chocolate!

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

Chocolate sounds wonderful, but I think a bit of green tea and an english muffin is better for me(what did I just say, I am turning into my mother, oh my, please say it isn't so)
I did have a luscious piece of Chocolate oreo ice cream pie after dinner at Big Boy tonight, oh so sinful and definately good for the spirits.