Friday, December 14, 2007

Holidays :)

This pic was taken when Jamie was home on leave, at Halloween time, this is her and my grandbabies on our front steps. Jamie and Alex will not be home for Christmas, either, she hasn't been here for 3 years for Christmas, her and Alex have to work 12 hours that day, boohoo!
Ok, I thought as my kids got older the holidays would be easier, but ya know, they just keep getting more and more complicated. I won't be spending Christmas with any of my kids, they all have other plans, even my mother has dumped me in favor of my sister, who by the way did not invite me over. We are having a Christmas dinner with our oldest daughter, Jodi, and her new beau, Joel, on Sunday. They are going to be in Florida for Christmas. Then the following Saturday, my in-laws are having their big Christmas fiasco at their house. Fun, NOT!! My SIL, Teresa and I usually bring a couple bottles of wine and drink and make fun of everyone, behind their backs. Hey, gotta do something to relieve the awful tesion when everyone gets together. Not a real close family, my in-laws. Then the next morning, around 11-ish I am having my next oldest and her wonderful family over for brunch, yum, my fav meal to make and eat. Oh I guess my son will be here so one of my kids will be spending Christmas with us, maybe, if he doesn't have other plans. Christmas day will most likely be spent studying, cause I won't have much else to do. Kinda good, I guess, cause it is the only day off I will have that week.

I submitted my HOI transcription exam tonight, wish me luck. I really have a good feeling about this one though. It just seems to be getting easier. I guess it should, I don't have very much longer until I am done with the course and then on to my internship. WOOHOO!!! Did I tell ya that I am excited about this new career path. Cause if I didn't I would be happy to tell ya now. Cause I am sooooooo excited, I already am in love with the reference material and the transcription and I could go on and on. TRSi is the best on-line learning environment out there and I will be so proud to display my diploma from them and to work for them. YEAH!!

Well, it is getting late, no work tomorrow, but need to get groceries, so I need to go work up menus and lists for the store. Yeah, I actually do menus, saves me tons of time and money on groceries. I really like to do it too. My family has gotten use to seeing my menu on the fridge every week. When they come over, even now, they look to see what I am making for dinner. I so love to cook. So it is off with me for now, so my friends I will TTYL

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Your blog is awesome just the way it is!

I'll keep my fingers crossed about your test you submitted. I'm sure you did great!!

Btw, I picked Connor cuz I just couldnt fathom selecting only 1 title out of all the entries. I liked them all for one reason or another. Connor is far more ruthless than I. He just said NO, NO, NO, YES with ease!!

Will you come cook for me? I hate it! Poor CJ will come home to frozen pizza and Kraft Mac & Cheese!

Hallie

Susie said...

Hallie;
I would love to come cook for you!! It is my all time fav thing to do(besides playing with my grandkids)
Tell COnor I said he is Ruthless, LOL!!
Thaks for the figers crossing on the test, here's hoping.

Susie said...

man my typing is horrible tonight, sheez, never could tell I will be typing for a living, LOL