Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Much Accomplished

Today was a very good day, not only did I not have to go to the "ugly" place, but I also accomplished alot of transcribing. I transcribed 11 reports today and I feel very fulfilled. Not only did I transcribe those reports, I actually understood most of what was being said, it was so cool!! I really only had to look up a few words and those were easy to find. The only problem I am having is that I keep thumbing through the TRSI Formatting Guidelines, hoping I am doing everything right. I may have to laminate those pages so that I don't wear them out, LOL! I am really loving the Neurology and Special Senses section, it is soooooo fascinating, I love the cosultations, the discharge summaries, the office note, etc. I think I have found my calling. I totally get this section, all of it. Some of the other sections, I learned, but didn't feel like I really understood them, this one was different. I truly enjoyed it. I learned soooo much in this section. I scored higher on the exercises and the exam and it looks like I am doing better on the transcribing. I don't know it is just a feeling I have right now. I am almost done with this section. I have a couple more transcriptions, then the transcription exam and then on to Endocrine. I am dreading this next section, not because of what it is, but because before I do the transcription for this section, I have to take the midterm and that TERRIFIES me. I know I will study hard for this, but I really don't know if I have really reatained alot of it, oh well, I guess time will tell.
On a different note, I am going to lunch with a friend I have not seen in over a year. We live in the same town, but rarely ever get to see each other. I am pretty excited. I have known Laura for over 18 years and miss her. We have alot to catch up on and I know lunch will be fun.
My AF daughter and her hubby will be home in 15 days, I am very excited about this. They will be staying with my mom. We don't have any beds for them to sleep in, except Jamies' brothers twin bed and I know they wouldn't be comfy in that. Mom has a big condo with lots of room and her basement is like a small apartment with bedroom, bathroom, and living room, so they should be good there. While they are home we will be celebrating Jamies' 24th birthday(October 19th), Alex's 21st birthday(October 20th) and their 1st anniversary. They were married almost 1 year ago in a tiny village of Italy. They were married by that towns Mayor. How cool is that? Unfortunately, I could not attend, but I do have lot of pics and am so happy for them.
Well, I am getting very sleepy, no "ugly" place again tomorrow, YEAH!! Plan to study, organize my notebooks a bit better, go to lunch with Laura and relax in the evening with hubby, so till tomorrow, TTYL

No comments: