Sunday, October 28, 2007

YEAH

This picture is of Alex, Jamie and Jamies' best friend, Kara and her fiance Mike, taken on Friday when we all went out for dinner and drinks. It was a good time.
Hmmm, I have been kinda lazy and not posting to my blog but now I have a few minutes to catch up and can do just that, so here goes.

Wednesday night I was making dinner. I was chopping up onions, carrots and cerlery for a swedish meatball stew that my hubby loves and I kinda caught a glimpse of a car driving in our diriveway. I thought who in the heck is here. I went to the back door and there stands my AF daughter and her hubby. They came early to surprise us!! How cool is that. We have spent a bit of time with them. They are so busy with Kara's wedding and everything that involves. I was so happy to see them. My school work has been getting shifted to the side a bit and I feel real quilty about that. I did submit my final submission for the HEENT transcription exam. I am really not sure about this one. I didn't have any major medical mistakes, but I did have some format and punctuation mistakes. Sometimes I get it and other times I don't. I just don't understand. I am hoping I did well, but time will tell.

Today I made lasagne, breadsticks(homemade), chocolate cream pie and a pumpkin spice dreamwhip pie and took it all over to my mom's house. Jamie and Alex are staying with her, she is the only one without cats(Jamie and Alex are allergic), she also has the most room. My sister and her daughter, my other two daughters and my grandkids were all there. We had a great dinner and lots of fun and laughter. Hubby took his Wii game console over and they all had a good time playing games. I haven't laughed that much in quite some time. It felt really good.

Jamie and Alex will be over for dinner again tomorrow. I am making both of their favorites. Grilled loin chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and some flaky biscuits. They are loving all the good homemade food. With the way they work they barely are able to eat at home and Jamie is still learning to cook. I am trying my best to spoil them rotten while they are here.

Well, it is still early enough to get a bit of studying in so I am going to go for now but will TTYL.

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Any chance I can talk you into coming to my house to cook when CJ comes home? Sounds like you went all out! I'm jealous - I am not known for my culinary skills. CJ may have to be happy with meatloaf (I can manage that) and macaroni and cheese from a box!
:-)
Hallie

Susie said...

Cooking is my lifeline and my passion. I absolutely LOVE to cook. I kinda miss making big meals now that all the kids are gone but they seem to surface occasionally so that mom can feed them, LOL!! Thanks for the comment Hallie! :)