Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wow

Wow! I didn't realize how much work I can accomplish in one day, ok so maybe 1 and 1/2 days. It started late last night. I submitted the last of the Neurology/Psychiatric Transcription Practices and decided to go ahead and start the Exam. I whizzed through the exam. I hope I did well on it. I only had to look up one drug name and maybe 2 words total, other than that it was really good. I hope I did well on it. I took me about 45 minutes to do 6 and 1/2 minutes of transcription. I really do not think that is too awful bad. It was really really late when I finally got done looking it over and proofreading it(around midnight). But I was pumped and decided to start on the next section, Endocrine. Went to bed around 2am. I have not stayed up that late in forever, LOL! This a.m. I started back on the rest of this section and now I will study for the exam on this section, then, DRUMROLL, PLEASE!! I am officially half-way through this course. Next week will be a study week and then at the end of the week I will take the dreaded midterm exam. Wow, time has flown by. I hope I am on track to finish this course, including the internship in my allotted year. I do not want to pay extra for this course, I cannot afford to pay extra, so the next few months I will be pushing myself to get through this, no slacking off. Every free minute will be consumed with studies!
The closer this gets to being a reality the more excited I get. I cannot wait to be in the position of working from home! Not having to go to the "ugly" place anymore just makes me so happy! YEAH ME!!
Something else from work, my boss kept cutting my hours, which I didn't mind, but hubby said I needed to get at least 24-30 hours a week, yuck! Well, I have only been scheduled for 18 the past two weeks(before that I was getting 24 or more). I asked my boss why, apparently our newest employee needs more hours and whatever she wants she gets. She is a 21-year-old snot faced brat that for some reason my bosses just love her. She is lazy, disrespectful and just generally not nice to be around. So now because she wants to work during the day on Tuesdays, instead of nights, if I want more hours I have to take the night shift Tuesday nights. I have been there for just over a year and am older, smarter and a much better employee than this brat and because she wants my shift I get docked hours unless I want to take over one of her shifts. Not fair! So now I have to work Tuesday nights and I am not happy about it either. I cannot wait to get out of that place!!
Well, I am going to go back to my studies, so till tomorrow TTYL

No comments: