Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day off

Teri's "LuLu" saying Happy Birthday to her momma!
What a weird night it was around here. We had torrential rains and lightening and thunder and tornado warnings, with sirens going off and everything. We had high winds, no winds, hale, temps in the 60s. Way to weird, even for Michigan, LOL! Today was a bit quieter though. We had some pretty hard rain this morning, then it just sprinkled the rest of the day. I really want the snow to come back. We are suppose to start getting more snow tomorrow, right on through the weekend, YEAH!

Today was a day off and I spent the majority of it studying the digestive system. I turned in my first submission of the cardio transcription exam yesterday, so while I am waiting for feedback from that I will stay busy and try and get a jump on the next chapter. I read all of Chapter 14 in the Medical Terminology, Chapter 11 in Human Disease, and have started on Chapter 8 of the Laboratory Tests book. FIrst I had to do some coloring in my Anatomy coloring book, I don't always do this but it gives me a chance for some down time in my studies, while still learning something. A couple weeks ago, Briget, the president of our chaper of the AHDI, gave me another study buddy, I sent her an email right away and have not heard anything from her. I wonder why? My other study buddy is doing real well and I enjoy helping her out whenever I can. I figure for every question she asks that helps me to learn and gives me reinforcement in my knowledge. I love helping the other students.

I made some soup for dinner, actually is was corn chowder with zucchini and potatoes and corn and spices and it was yummy. I also made some corn bread to go with it. It was a very good dinner, even the son enjoyed it. Of course he is a soup fanatic, he could eat soup every meal and not tire of it.

Oh, I almost forgot, I got my new keyboard, TODAY!! That was really fast. I ordered it on Saturday and got it today. I absolutely love this keyboard. It is easy to type on and it is quiet. My hands and wrists haven't even protested at all today. I am really pleased with this keyboard. I wish I would have gotten this one first. Oh well, live and learn. The other one was a Microsoft so I figured it was a good one, well I figured wrong. I had never heard of this brand, Adesso, but I read alot of good reviews about it. We will see how it stands up to all the typing that I do on a daily basis. It was really inexpensive for a split ergo keyboard. Some of them can run into the hundreds of dollars. This one was only $30. I am happy now.

I have to work for the next 2 days, in a row, wow, that is gonna be weird. I haven't worked 2 days in a row in a few weeks. I actually have 18 hours this week instead of 12. One of our key managers had to go in to have her gallbladder removed so she will be off work for a few weeks, which means that is 40 more hours for my manager to add to the rest of the schedule and divide amongst the rest of us. I figured that the returns would have died down by now, but no they haven't. It is like people just bought stuff for show and now they are returning everything. It is so weird. If it wasn't for the gift cards we sold over the holidays being redeemed we would be in a world of hurt right now. There are some days that the refunds are almost as much as the amount we sold that day, that is so sad. People just don't take the time to really know what they are buying, they just buy. Then return. Our return policies are getting stricter and stricter because of this trend. People seem to borrow stuff from the store and then when they are done return it for no reason. That will not happen anymore. Things are changing as far as what and when things can be returned and you absolutely MUST have your receipt!!

Well, time to go read a bit more before bedtime, so my friends I will TTYL!

ps. today was a good friends b-day, so I just wanna say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TERI, Love ya'

No comments: