Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Feeling Lots Better

This is where my son goes to school, this is what it looked like before he left on the 21st. This is also real close to where I grew up. They now have about four times this much snow.
I have spent the last 4 days off work(scheduled days off) sick. This sinus stuff kicked my butt. I am feeling lots better today, of course I had to go back to work, too. They have cut our hours down to next to nothing for the next few weeks. I get to work a whopping 12 hours this week, yeah. I really don't care though cause that just gives me more time to study. I took an exam, tonight, on the respiratory section and aced it I was so happy. I also did 5 transcriptions, tonight. I was flying through my homework, tonight. I have tomorrow off and plan on spending the whole day studying.
Well, New Years Eve hubby and I went to dinner with his brother and his wife. I just love them dearly. We had a wonderful dinner. Lots and Lots of laughs. A couple drinks and then headed home. Hubby fell asleep on the sofa and I fell asleep in the recliner and about 11:55 we woke up watched the ball drop in Times Square and headed off to bed, HAPPY NEW YEAR to us, LOL!!
I haven't been up to cooking lately and my son is really disappointed. I promised him I would make my Swedish meatball soup for him this weekend and some home made bread, so he is happy. He will be here for another week, then it is back to school(10 hours away).
Hubby was off work for the holidays, he had 11 days off and had to return today, he wasn't happy about it either. He was enjoying spending time with our son and just being lazy, playing Guitar Hero and his other games on his Wii.
We are planning on taking the grandkids sledding this weekend, if the snow stays. It is suppose to get up into the 50s and rain this weekend, yuck. I would rather have the snow. I love the snow. I grew up where 250 inches per winter season was nothing and every house had a door on the second floor that had no stairs to it. Didn't need stairs, cause the snow was high enough and that was your only door in the winter. We plugged in our car so that it wouldn't freeze. We wore snowmobile suits and boots, etc. to school, everybody did. I loved it.
Well, enough rambling, LOL!! Need to get back to the studies. FIrst I think a nice hot cup of tea is in order then back to the books for a couple hours, then off to bed. So my friends I will TTYL!

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I've never heard of Swedish Meatball soup! We have Italian Wedding Soup that has little meatballs in it - wonder if it's similar?

Hallie

Susie said...

Not similar but just as good! I use ground veal for the meatballs, it has carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms, beef and chicken broth, noodles, sour cream and some yummy spices, it is delicious and great with a crusty bread like italian bread to soak up all the juices. MmmmmmMmmm good, making me hungry.

Sue