Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's me again :)

Hey look I am posting again, woohoo!!
Well, I submitted my Digestion exam. I took another quick look at it tonight and closed my eyes and submitted it. It is now out of my hands and into the caring hands of my wonderful instructor, ;), Cheryl!! I know she will provide me with gentle feedback to help me achieve the highest grade possible on this exam. I always shoot for the moon, don't always get it, but can't fault me for trying. I really don't think I am doing to awful bad on the transcribing part. I can usually figure out all the words. Even when it sounds like the dictator is saying "hair in his nose", I figured out, with not alot of effort that he was saying "Heberden nodes". Sometimes, I amaze myself, LOL! I started these classes not fully understanding the whole concept of Medical Transcription. I do not have a medical background(unless being a "candy striper" in my much younger year, counts). I just needed a job where I could get off my feet and either sit in an office or work from home, preferably work from home. Cheryl(from the AF moms and dads site) gave me info about this wonderful company that she has worked for for years and she helped me get the ball rolling. I do not for one minute regret my decision. I cannot wait to start this as a career. I see myself being an instructor someday. I would love to help others learn this career and be able to have the freedom to work from home. I just cannot say enough about TRS Institute, their instructors, the curriculum and their family atmosphere, they are wonderful. Woa! Sorry bought the commercial there, LOL!! I really didn't start out that way, but hey it is the truth.
On another note, Jamie called again last night. She said she is in the next bucket to be deployed, now before you get all sentimental on me she said their next deployment will be to Moreno, Spain. I said, "WHAT!" She said isn't that cool! She would be deployed to Spain for 6 months. Now how bad is that. Better than some of the other places they could be. Right now all of them out of her base are being deployed to Bucca as convoy security, so I am counting my blessings she is not in any of those buckets. Her hubby said if they were to try and send her to Bucca, she wouldn't be going, she would be pregnant first and he is really not ready to be a daddy yet, but if it came down to her going or him being a daddy, he would rather be a daddy. Whoa, he really doesn't want her to go to Iraq, at least not without him. I am so happy he looks out for her.
Jamie starts ALS on Monday and will be sewing on Ssgt very soon. I am so proud of her. They even had a little ceremony in her squadron to present her with her AF achievement medal she received from Aviano, Italy. How cool! I want pics, but noone took any, :( I am sad. Oh well, I guess I will get over it.
Well, time to hit the books again for another hour or so, then off to bed. My mommy has to have some minor surgery tomorrow and I am going to go sit and wait for her so that I can take her home. I can read a bit while I am waiting.
So my friends, I guess I will TTYL

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I feel like the little train that could... I think I can, I think I can.

Friday is almost here!! Yippee!!

Still can't believe my blog made his SERE trainging extra horrible!!

He said it was ok but gosh...this is supposed to be a friendly thing, not something to incite violence!!
Hallie :-)

Tonjia said...

Ok, I am an RN an I dont even know what Heberden nodes are!! LOL You are doing such a great job with this new career Sue, keep up the good work, you will soon be turning work down!

Yay for Jamie! Spain sounds awesome.
Tonjia

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your SEREiously comment to CJ!! That was awesome!!

Thanks for leaving such an amazing comment - it means so very much to me that you would take the time to do that...

Hallie