Thursday, January 31, 2008

Long Night

It has been an awfully long night. I probably should have gotten up and written in this cause I did not sleep very well. I am having surgery today at 2 pm. These docs don't mess around. I am having a hysteroscopy and a fractional D&C for diagnosis. Doc said he doesn't like what he sees and we need to get an accurate diagnosis before proceeding. He doesn't want to wait 2 weeks for a pap to come back so in for the surgery this afternoon. I hate anesthesia, but I do not want to be awake, LOL! I know everything will be ok, it is just that the last time I had to be put under I was under for 11 hours and it took me days to wake up fully from that. I know that I will not be under that long this time but I still don't like it.
Doc said I have 4 of the 5 criteria for uterine cancer but that only 1-2% of women who have post-menopausal bleeding have uterine cancer so who knows. If it is I will have a hysterectomy next week sometime. He said if it is it has been caught early and everything should be ok. Should be? It WILL BE OK! I already know it will be ok, cause I said so, LOL!
The worst part of this whole thing, I cannot have my COFFEE this morning or anything else for that matter. Mind you my surgery isn't until 2pm, but I could not eat or drink anything after midnight last night. I can have very small sips of water and that is it. I am gonna go nuts without my coffee this morning. I almost got up and made a pot just out of habit, LOL. Oh well, I guess I can survive not having my coffee, but I am gonna be one hungry lady by the time I get out of the OR tomorrow.
Well, gotta go take a antibacterial shower with this special soap they gave me, must be something new cause I never had to do this before. This soap doesn't smell bad, it will most likely dry my skin out and then I will complain about itchy skin, haha, never satisfied. Oh well, I guess, my firends I will try and update here tonight, maybe tomorrow depending on how things go, so I will TTYL!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What? This is really quick and I have to say scary. We will all think of you today. Please let us know when you are done. Hoping for the best.

Michelle (FL)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

KEEP US UPDATED - I will worry about you until I hear something...

Hallie

Susie said...

UPDATE: short, but will let you know more tomorrow. Signs and symptoms pointed to uterine cancer, todays test has not confimred that and doc is looking into WHY I am still bleeding. The more comprehensive tests will be ready in a few days so I still do not know anything and will see Doc on Thursday to find out the full report, so keep the prayers coming! I am exhausted will write more tomorrow