Sunday, January 20, 2008

MOVING ON

Ok I am moving right along with my school work, I kicked some butt in the digestion system, I received 100% on all of the exercises and the quiz. I finished the practice transcriptions tonight and will start the digestion transcription exam tomorrow, then it is on to the Urinary System, oh yeah!! Not much longer and I will be studying for the final exam and then be in the professional development stage, then internship and working MT, have I told you before how excited I am about this career! hehe
Well, I talked to Jamie the other day. Her and her hubby are looking for a new place. They want to move closer to the base and they want to live on Chesepeake Bay. Jamie found an absolutely awesome condo for rent(actually the lady was trying to sell it, but hasn't had a bite, so now has decided to rent). It is so beautiful. It is right on the Bay with a shared private beach, close to the boardwalk and all kinds of cute little shops. It has a completely remodeled loft kitchen, that overlooks the living room and the gas fireplace. All new stainless appliances, including built in microwave and washer and dryer in the fully finished basement. It has beautiful hard wood floors, ceramic tile in the kitchen and baths. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms and is just so pretty and cute. It has a huge deck off the living room that overlooks the water and a 1 car garage and she said they have just enough grass for Roxi(their rat terrier to turn around on, hehe!! This condo was being sold for 490,000 dollars, but their rent is only (I say only but for around there it is cheap) 1700.00 per month, utilities run about 150.00. They are paying far more than that for the place in town they have now and have to drive alot farther to get to work. The Bay is only 20 minutes from the base. I hope they get it. Hubby and I are planning a trip to see them in July, I am excited to see the sites around DC, we have never been there.
My oldest must still be hanging out with the new beau, cause I haven't seen her since they got back from Florida. I guess that is a good thing, I would kinda like for her to drop by once in a while and let me know she is alive, LOL! Oh well, not gonna push the issue, kept teasing her about spending all her free time with her parents, so can't tell her she needs to see us more, huh?
Son is freezing in the great white north, not really, though he loves it. It is freezing here though, today was -12 windchill, brrrrrrrr!
Well, need to go take a listen to my transcription exam, I like to listen to them first before I start typing, kinda get a feel for what I am in for before putting on the puter.
So my friends TTYL :)

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Glad our Pats game didn't interfere with the RACE - my mother in law would have been mad too! She is addicted to that show!!

Hallie :-)

Tonjia said...

$1700/month?? This must be the Baltimore/DC area. Its no wonder that people are moving to PA and commuting. LOL
we used to live in a "bedroom community" to the Baltimore/DC area, (southcentral PA) and now I know why people are moving north!

Tonjia

Susie said...

Hallie;
I am glad your Pats didn;t interfere with my Race, too, LOL! I guess you could say I am addicted.

Sue

Susie said...

I know that living in Alexandria, VA they are paying 2200/month for a townhouse, 2 bed, 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage and then it is a long commute to the base. Jamie said most of the people around where they will hopefully be living are paying from 1200/month to 2500/month, so no wonder people are moving. They get 2400/month BAH so paying that much is ok to them, LOL!!

Sue