Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Plugging along

Here I am plugging along. Today was sooooo boring at work. We were so darn slow. I just wanted to curl up and take a nap, LOL!! I didn't but I could have very easily. I mean you can only sweep and dust and sweep and dust so many times, right. Oh well, I made soup again tonight for dinner, yum. This time I made chicken and rice soup with homemade biscuits. It tasted so good. It has gotten cold here again. It was 33 today, such a drastic change from yesterdays 68 degrees. We are suppose to start getting some snow tonight and could see significant amounts by the weekend. I just hope it either moves through quickly or holds off until after my son gets back to school. He has a 10 hour drive ahead of him and it is straight north. Sometimes the roads can be really treacherous, especially the ones along Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. James leaves Saturday morning to head on back. I am glad, but sad. I am glad hubby and I can get back to our routine, but sad for hubby, cause his best bud is leaving again. They really enjoy each others company and have a miriad of things to talk about. They have so much in common and our son is actually living a dream his father had. So that makes them that much closer.

Jamie called tonight, she was attempting to cook again and needed some motherly advice. She was making Chicken Parmesan, yum! I hope it truned out well for her. She really wants to be a good cook and I keep telling her practice makes perfect, just keep trying. Her hubby is a very picky eater(well, so is she) So they pretty much eat alot of pasta and chicken. I am happy she is trying to cook now that she is married. She definately didn't have any interest in it when she was younger. Her older sisters did and they are both decent cooks. Jodi rarely cooks, cause she lives alone. But Jen cooks all the time for her little family, her hubby cooks too which is great, cause my hubby also is a decent cook.

Well, I got my cardio transcription exam back and I only had 8 points to ponder. LOL!! I was really surprised. I took sometime and changed the things I think needed to be changed then resubmitted it. I decided if I looked at it too much longer it would all be changed and I would end up doing an injustice to an otherwise good transcription. So I will now wait until it is graded and see how I do. My last one was a 99.3, so maybe I can do better? Who knows. I am hoping.

I started the digestive system and am about half-way through the reading and will most likely be doing the exercises and quiz this weekend. I am really whizzing through this. Not much longer, YEAH!!

I just want to mention a blogger friend, Hallie of Wonderful World of Weiners, her son CJ is in SERE training right now, it is very intense and he could use all the prayers he can get, so if you read this, send up a little prayer for CJ. Also, another AF mom who has been through it, Tonjia from One Step Forward, her daughter Bre is home right now after an ungodly amount of time at AF BMT, she is on Conleave and will be headed back to BMT to finish and move on with her AF career, this young lady has alot going for her and will do the AF proud(if they ever let her)so say a prayer for her continued success also.

Well, that is about it my friends, so I will TTYL!

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thanks on 2 counts...

1 - for mentioning CJ on your blog - he called last night and it was not a good call. John doesn't think I should talk about what he said but I am sick just thinking about it.

2- your comment on my blog yesterday made me chuckle - I needed that - "don't get up and overwork yourself" was awesome...
:-)
Hallie

Susie said...

Hallie,
I know from where you come my dear. While Jamie has been at Andrews AFB, she has had pepper spray sprayed in her face, been tazed, been attacked by dogs and been knocked down by spinning car, all it the name of training, while I might add being filmed so that "we can watch it later and laugh at you" I just don't get it she is in Security FOrces, not special OPS. Oh well, I guess it isn't our job to question the AF, it is our job to support our children and let them know they have a soft place to land incase something happens, GOD forbid.
Lots and Lots of prayers headed your and CJs' way. I think about him often.

Sue T