Monday, January 14, 2008

HELLO :)

Hey, I know I have been sherking my duties to my blog, but I am going to update now, k.
Okay, the son left on Saturday to go back to the great white north. He is happy, he loves it up there and they are getting even more snow, which makes him even happier.
Really haven't been to exciting around here. Hubby and I went to the party on Saturday night and we actually stayed out until 3:30 in the morning. I could not believe it. After going to the bar to celebrate our friends 40th birthday we were all invited over to another friends house for a wine tasting, yum. They have the best wines, they even have a wine cellar. How cool is that? My fav wine that we drank was called Red Cat, it is from New York, Hazlitt Winery. It is sooooo good, it is sweet, very mellow and just plain yummy!I told Georgie and her hubby John they need to do this tasting thing right and have it at a descent hour so that us old people don't get so pooped, hehe. We also listend to some of Georgies' fav records, yes I said records. My hubby spun the old vinyl and we did the sing-along-thing. It was way too much fun. We listened to some old Monkees, Jimmy Dean, The Platters, AC/DC, Three Dog Night, quite a collection of old albums.
Sunday, hubby and I just basically jelled in front of the tv, I am really not sure what we even watched, I think our eyes were closed most of the day. I did get up long enough to put a pot roast, potatoes and carrots in the oven and set out some rolls to rise. I even made a not-from-scratch cherry pie, had to cheat, hubby wanted pie but I didn't have the ambition.
Well, we ate a late dinner and then I think both of us ended up falling asleep until it was time to go to bed, LOL!! We old farts just can't handle those late-late nights. Usually when we go out we are home by 11, that was reminiscent of our much younger days(before birthing babies, lol)
Well, the AF girl is on line and wanting to chat so my fiends TTYL

No comments: