Saturday, January 05, 2008

Movie Date

Kimberly with her new doll baby!!
Today was a pretty good day. Started out as usual. Breakfast at hubby and my fav restaurant. Then on to the grocery store to stock up for the week. Back home, put groceries away. I studied for a bit and was in the process of doing some transcriptions when my keyboard DIED. I loved that keyboard and have not had it that long. I was pretty upset. Well anyway, I took to the internet to search out a new keyboard, decided that I didn't want to get the same one if it only lasts a few months. Do you know how hard it is to find an ergonomic split keyboard. No one in our town sells them. I finally found one with good reviews on the internet and it is really not that expensive. It is an Adesso, I hope it is a good one. The place I ordered it from has a 90 day return policy so if it doesn't work out I can return it, no questions asked. They will even pay return postage and send you a new box to put it in. That was a big plus in buying form this place. So now I am relegated to using a flat small keyboard, the one that came with my computer. I can already tell it is going to bother my hands typing on this keyboard. I really liked the split keyboard, my hand seemed so much more relaxed and I could type for hours. Yeah, my butt ached but my hands were good, LOL! For now my transcriptions are going just a bit slow. I should have my new keyboard by the end of the week. I will let you know how it goes.

My #2 daughter, her hubby and my grandkids will be here tomorrow, YEAH! I look forward to seeing the kids. They are coming for dinner. I am making lasagne and some homemade garlic breadsticks. Jen is bringing a big salad. I may make some broccoli for my granddaughter, she LOVES it. Should be a good time. If there is still some snow left, after all the rain we had today, then grandpa is taking the kids outside to play, I will try to get some pics. Well, time to start the last practice transcription in this section, then on to the transcription exam. WOOHOO, I am back on track and need to keep moving forward so that I can graduate from this course and start my new career!! I am getting more and more excited about this.

Well, my friends, TTYL! :)


ps. forgot, hubby and I went to a movie tonight. We went and saw I am Legend, it was really good, love Will Smith. It was nice to get out with just my man, no son tagging along, hehe! The kid didn't want to go cause we told him he would have to pay his own way, LOL! We knew if we told him that he would stay home and it worked, smart parents, we are ;)

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Sounds like movie night was fun! I've heard a lot of good things about I AM LEGEND... guess I'll have to get off my butt and go see it.
Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

GREAT MOVIE, YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE IT.

SUE