Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

Today has been bittersweet for me! You see I am an Air Force brat and an Air Force mom and I was a wanna be Airman(long story on that one). Today is the anniversary of the day the USA was attacked and many people lost their lives. Today is also my mothers 75th birthday. I feel as though I am betraying our military by celebrating, but my mom's 75th is something that needs to be celebrated. I grieve for all those lost and for their families, but I rejoice in the knowledge that my mother has been alive for 75 years and she is extrmemly healthy. Dad passed away several years ago and mom has been by herself since then, which is just too weird to her. I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters, so alone is a new word for my mom. She use to be an exceptional cook, but she doesn't do that anymore, she dines out with friends most nights or just eats cereal and toast. My mom is so active that we(her children) bought her a cell phone so that we could keep up with her. The dumb part is she always forgets to turn it on, LOL! So we still can't get ahold of her.
Tonight before my head hits the pillow, I will say a prayer for all those that lost loved ones and I will thank God that he has given me another year with my mom. TTYL

No comments: