Saturday, September 22, 2007

My poor daughter

Today was not a good day for my eldest daughter. She called her dad about noon, crying her eyes out. Her car had died on the highway and she needed him to come get her. We jumped in the car and proceeded to go to the highway. On the way there, dad called for a tow truck and we both got there about the same time. We had the car towed to our house so dad and my brother(a master mechanic) could take a look at it. The car is a 97 Dodge Neon with over 200,000 miles on it and a piece of doo-doo. Well, it is finally dead. Not a good time for this to happen to her. She has missed a bit of work due to a shoulder injury and has not had a full paycheck the last couple of weeks. Her credit is horrible, due to some very bad investments when she was younger, so not an option to purchase a new one. She makes really good money and could afford a new car, just no one will extend her any credit. And as much as I love her, I will not co-sign for a new car for her. Uncle Steve to the rescue. My brother has all kinds of connections in the new and used car world in and around our area. He found her a car, a 97 Park Avenue. Not in the greatest of shape, body wise, but it is reliable and cheap. He is taking her dead car as down payment and charging her 400.00 for the car. Good deal, maybe not the one she wanted, but she now has more reliable wheels. My brother would never let his niece get behind the wheel of a car he didn't personnally check out(especially if he was selling it to her). The car has newer tires, new brakes, new power steering motor and belts. It just doesn't look the greatest, but hey, beggars cannot be choosers. This will due her until she can save up eough money to get a newer car. So all in all it turned out ok for her.

My day was totally shot, I did get quite a few transcriptions done and am happy about that. I also got groceries and I think that is all that was accomplished today.

Oh, we had a wonderful time last night with my BIL and SIL. I just love the two of them. We all needed a night out and a good time and I cannot think of better people to do it with.

Well, it may be Saturday night but I think my pillow is calling me already. So off to dreamland with me. TTYL

No comments: